Pgpool-II is a tool to add usefull features to PostgreSQL, including
connection pooling, load balancing, automatic fail over and more.
Pgpool-II 3.6 beta1 is now relased.
Users are encouraged to test their applications with this release.
V3.6 has a new feature:
* Improve the behavior of fail-over.
* New PGPOOL SET command has been introduced.
* Watchdog is significantly enhanced.
* Handling of extended query protocol (e.g. used by Java applications)
in streaming replication mode speeds up if many rows are returned in a result set.
* Import parser of PostgreSQL 9.6.
* In some cases pg_terminate_backend() now does not trigger a fail-over.
* Change documentation format from raw HTML to SGML.
More information: http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Developer_releases